Kayak Lodge Getaway
A fun and relaxing lodge-based getaway with something for everyone. All the fun of a multi-day tour but with lodge-cooked meals and a real bed!
June 25 – 28
July 31 – Aug 3
Sep 3 – 6
Easy to Moderate
$1065 cdn (+ 5% tax)
Why We Love This Trip
The Sea Kayak Lodge Getaway has something for everyone! Whether you want to paddle lots, learn new skills, or just take it easy and relax, our expert guides and instructors will help you achieve your goals. Sheltered and varied coastlines offer excellent day paddling opportunities, and a lodge-based program means delicious, gourmet meals and a soft bed to come home to at the end of each day.
About the Area
Hemmed in by the shores of Vancouver Island to the west and Coast Mountains to the east, The Discovery Islands are a paddling paradise of maze-like channels and forested islets. The islands nutrient-rich waters support colourful and abundant marine life – Seals, porpoises, dolphins, and possibly even whales share the waters.
Our getaway begins with a scenic boat ride to Coast Mountain Lodge on Read Island. Upon arrival, we’ll settle into sleeping cabins, grab a snack, and set our watches to “island time”. Our guides will lead us through a comprehensive kayaking skills and safety lesson before taking us on a short afternoon paddle. Afterwards, we’ll have a chance to unwind in the wood-fired hot-tub or creek-side sauna before enjoying a meal in the comfort of our waterfront, timber-framed lodge.
The next two days offer us a plethora of options. We’ll plan full-day guided paddles to beautiful, sheltered destinations, but travel with flexibility that allows less adventurous paddlers to make it a shorter trip. Our instructor-guides will also offer a variety of optional afternoon skills clinics ranging from safety and rescue to compass navigation, and opportunities also exist for one-on-one skills coaching. We may even enjoy a moonlit night paddle. Those more focused on relaxing can take advantage of bright common areas, waterfront decks, bountiful gardens, and peace in nature. Don’t forget the food! We’ll be well fed with delicious meals and snacks prepared in the lodge kitchen that feature local wild seafood, garden-grown produce, and eggs from our own chickens.
We meant it when we said that the Getaway offers something for everyone!
• Trip begins 1:00pm first day, drop-off noon last day.
• Maximum 10 participants with 2 kayak guides.
• Single and double kayaks.
• Easy to moderate (your choice): just about everyone will have fun!
• Paddling: 3 to 5 (or more!) hours of kayaking per day.
• Sea conditions: mostly sheltered but can be exposed to moderate wind and waves.
• Beaches: low sloping gravel and rocky shorelines; may be slippery when wet.
• All kayaking equipment
• Group equipment and tarp shelter
• Dry bags for personal gear
• All meals & snacks
• Professional skills training & guiding
• Boat transportation to & from CME Lodge
• Personal clothing and accessories (see our packing list)
• Sleeping bag (available to rent)
• Sense of adventure!