Dear friends and customers,

With positive news about vaccine timelines, we are excited to announce a return to our regular multi-day trips schedule for 2021. We will be offering most trips and experiences that we have in the past, but they will not be totally normal. Many aspects of our operations will be modified to allow for Covid 19 safety precautions and physical distancing. We will also be asking trip participants to take a few extra steps to help keep everyone safe:

  1. ย All participants will be required to read and agree to our Covid 19 policies prior to joining the trip. This means agreeing to follow our rules regarding physical distancing and mask wearing.
  2. All participants must agree to receive a Covid 19 vaccine if/when that becomes available to them, and preferably 14 days prior to trip start. We understand that it may not be available to everyone by the time of trip start, but if you have a chance to get it, you must be ready and willing to do so. This will help to keep everyone safe.
  3. Participants that are not eligible to receive a vaccine must take a Covid 19 test in the days prior to joining the trip if it is at all possible.
  4. All participants must agree to limit social interactions and avoid risky behaviour/situations in the 14 days prior to trip start.

Note that our trip selection is a little smaller than previous seasons, so we recommend booking soon if you have a particular time frame in mind.

On April 23, 2021, the BC government imposed restrictions banning travel between heath districts for all but essential purposes. This restriction is scheduled to end on May 24, and we don’t expect it to impact any of our trips.

Due to current border closures, it remains uncertain whether international borders will re-open prior to the start of the season. As a result, we are regrettably not taking reservations from international customers at this time. We will be happy to put you on a waiting list for any trip you like and get in touch if borders re-open.

Finally, although it is our intention to offer the trips advertised, we reserve the right to modify trip route, structure, timing or even cancel trips altogether if we feel that we cannot offer them in a safe manner. We hope that this won’t be the case, but Covid 19 has taught us to expect the unexpected.

Discovery Islands Lodge will be open for full-lodge private bookings only. See the website for more information.

Looking forward to a great 2021 season of kayaking!


Albert, Kate, Ralph, Lannie, and the rest of the CME team.