Desolation Sound BC sea kayaking Vancouver Island tour in British Columbia Canada.
Desolation Sound BC Sea Kayaking Expedition
BC Sea Kayaking Tour of British Columbia Wilderness Islands and Desolation Sound near Vancouver Island.
This BC sea kayaking adventure is a splendid wilderness experience and one of British Columbia's most scenic kayaking tours. First and last nights we’ll enjoy accommodation at Coast Mountain Expeditions BC kayaking lodge. Preface to our islands and mountains sea kayaking tour is a boat ride from Quadra Island (near Vancouver Island BC) to Coast Mountain Lodge. We'll learn and practice kayak skills the first afternoon, and enjoy the amenities and rustic ambience of our waterfront homestead.
Next morning we’ll begin our sea kayaking BC trip, paddling a path less-traveled into the warm and sheltered northern channels of Desolation Sound.
Entering this famous BC marine area through a back-door route we’ll avoid mainstream tourists and enjoy sea kayaking along the path of the famous explorer, Captain George Vancouver. Kayaking in the shadow of the majestic BC Coast Mountains is a dramatic and spectacular sea kayaking BC experience. High mountain icefields and coastal rains contribute to an abundance of waterfalls tumbling down the steep hillsides. When we approach the heart of Desolation Sound, we’ll kayak into a few of the area’s most inviting bays and islands.
Ocean current patterns here create sea temperatures rivaling the warmth of Mexico (no kidding – we call it BC’s Baja!) so we can anticipate fine swimming not to mention the world’s best oysters on every shore! At the journey’s end we’ll meet Coast Mountain Expeditions’ boat, MV Chico Mendes, and return to the lodge for a final night together.
• Trips start 1pm with boat ride
• Departure from Heriot Bay on Quadra Island (near Campbell River on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada.)
• 2 lodge nights (first & final) accommodation at Coast Mountain Lodge, Read Island
• 4 Nights kayak camping
• Trips finish about noon of the last day at Heriot Bay Quadra Island.
• Maximum 10 participants & 2 kayak guides
Desolation Sound Expedition
BC Sea Kayaking Tour of British Columbia Mountain and Ocean Wilderness
2013 TOUR DATES:
• June 22-28
• Aug 25-31
$1350 Cdn plus HST
Payable by Mastercard, VISA, or cheque
About this Kayak Trip
• Moderately ambitious but not difficult
• Paddling: 4 to 5 hours of kayaking per day
• Single and double kayaks.
• Average distance: 9-18 km (6-12 mi) per day.
• Sea conditions: mostly calm, rising to max 1/2 metre (1.5 ft)
• Beaches: low sloping sandy gravel or medium boulders; may be slippery when wet.
• Weather conditions: usually sunny, sometimes hot. Extended rain unlikely, but possible. • Temperature: 12-30 C (50-85 F). Water 8-15 (50-60 F)
• Click here to download the Desolation Sound Chart (pdf 2.9mb)
Getting to Quadra Island British Columbia Canada
Please select "How to Get Here" in the navigation bar.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you’ll come to Vancouver Island for an island adventure sea kayaking British Columbia, Canada!
Coast Mountain Expeditions offers BC sea kayaking tours of west coast British Columbia Canada and eco lodge accommodation in the Discovery Islands near Vancouver Island BC. Guided sea kayaking BC trips include sea kayak instruction, rainforest lodge accommodation & kayak camping in spectacular island locations. We are one of BC’s original sea kayaking companies – offering natural BC adventures since 1987! Wilderness kayak camping eco tour and lodge based nature vacations start from Quadra Island east of Campbell River BC Canada.