Sea Kayaking Vancouver Island vacation at BC 's original sea kayaking Lodge.
Kayak Lodge Getaway
Sea Kayaking Vancouver Island Getaway Weekend at British Columbia's Original Sea Kayaking Wilderness Lodge
In this sea kayaking Vancouver Island weekend adventure, we combine wilderness lodge comforts and good-plain-fun with opportunities to develop your kayaking skills! This is our "learn to paddle" vacation for both novice and experienced sea kayakers. Sea kayak lessons and guided kayaking Vancouver Island excursions fill each day’s program, but experienced kayakers may choose to go solo for exploring the island shores.
Lessons or not, enjoy our delicious homegrown/homemade meals with relaxed island homestead ambience and evening fun & fellowship. Novice kayakers will become comfortable in the kayak while paddling protected shorelines, learning paddle strokes, kayak navigation, marine weather and basic seamanship. We'll practice sea kayak rescue procedures and enjoy short sea kayaking Vancouver Island excursions in this British Columbia island paradise. As-much-as-you-want of kayaking practice will ensure that you leave with skills to go adventuring again!
Folks with previous kayak experience are welcome to participate in any of the lessons and advanced kayak instruction is also available. On our guided daytrips we’ll share local information and tips about other places for BC sea kayaking trips!
Late one evening we will enjoy a special thrill in BC kayaking as we enjoy paddling calm dark water at nighttime and watch the amazing sparkles of the ocean’s glowing bioluminescence... Natural magic!
Coast Mountain Lodge offers an atmosphere of peaceful quiet.Indulge in our wonderful down-home meals, explore the trails, garden and surrounding rainforest, have an invigorating creek side sauna, settle in with a good book... Relax, unwind, have fun, and learn to paddle with confidence!
• Trips start 1:00 pm with boat ride to Coast Mountain Lodge, Read Island
• Departing from Heriot Bay on Quadra Island (near Campbell River on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada)
• Three nights accommodation & meals at Coast Mountain Lodge
• Skills instruction & practice, guided (or solo) kayak day trips, R&R…
• Return about noon of the 4th day, to Heriot Bay Quadra Island.
• Maximum 12 participants with 2 kayak guides
Kayak Lodge Getaway
Sea Kayaking BC Getaway Weekend at Coast Mountain Expeditions Wilderness Lodge
• July 4-7
• Aug 5-8
$799 Cdn plus HST
Payable by Mastercard, VISA or cheque.
About this British Columbia Kayak Adventure Weekend
• Your choice: easy to challenging • Come with or without skills, there’s something new for everyone!
• Weather conditions: usually sunny, sometimes hot. Extended rain unlikely, but possible.
• Temperature: 12-30 C (50-85 F). Water 8-15 (50-60 F)
• Click here to download the Discovery Islands Chart (pdf 2.9mb)
Getting to Quadra Island British Columbia Canada
Please select "How to Get Here" in the navigation bar.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you’ll come to Vancouver Island for an island adventure sea kayaking British Columbia, Canada!
Coast Mountain Expeditions offers sea kayaking Vancouver Island and remote eco lodge on Canada’s west coast near Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Our kayak camping wilderness eco tours and lodge based nature vacations start in BC’s Discovery Islands east of Campbell River, B.C. Guided sea kayaking Vancouver Island trips include kayak instruction, rainforest lodge accommodation & kayak camping in spectacular island locations. We are one of BC’s original sea kayaking companies – offering natural adventures since 1987!